From the Shiner ISD Health Office
1. If your child will need medication at school, please print the Medication Administration Request Form and have your healthcare provider complete, sign, and return it.
2. If your child has a food allergy and/or has an Epinephrine Injector, please print and complete the Allergy Packet. The Accommodating Children with Special Dietary Needs Form must be completed by a physician for food related accommodations in school.
3. If your child has asthma and will need an inhaler at school, please print, complete and return the Asthma Action Plan Form.
Please call me or email me with any questions or concerns.
Shiner ISD Health Forms
Sick Day Guidelines and the 24 Hour Rule
- New information and helpful links will be added each month
School Health Advisory Council (SHAC)
If you would like to become a member of the Shiner ISD SHAC for the 2021 – 2022 School Year, please notify the School Nurse, Debbie Aman, at 361-594-3251 ext. 366 or at email@example.com
Texas requires every independent school district to have a School Health Advisory Council. A SHAC is a group of individuals representing segments of the community appointed by the school district to provide advice on coordinated school health programming and its impact on student health and learning. The School Health Advisory Council serves exclusively in an advisory role, assisting the district in ensuring that local community values and health issues are reflected in the district’s health education instruction.
Shiner ISD is proud to have an active SHAC with members consisting of SISD parents, healthcare professionals, representatives of the community, and school personnel.
The components of a Coordinated School Health Program include:
- Nutrition services
- Physical education
- Health education
- Health services
- Family and community involvement
- Healthy school environment
- Health promotion for school staff
2021-2022 SHAC Meetings
Minutes from the SHAC Meetings
SHAC Triennial Assessment